02 Feb An evening with….John Robb
A fantastic night was had by all with our first of a series of events, ” An Evening With..” was held on Friday night 31st Jan… Louder Than War creator and vocalist of post punk band – The Membranes, John Robb headed up to the idyllic village of Arnside, to Moochin HQ, for a Q& A event, playing the soundtrack of his life…
to a plant based menu of falafel & hummus platters, Persian tagine… customers were entertained by The Membranes frontman, who have just released their sixth album ‘What Nature Gives…Nature Takes Away’ in June 2019 – with an eclectic mix of stories & songs, that featured…
Metal Guru ~ T.Rex
Hanging around ~ The Stranglers
Overground ~ Siouxsie & The Banshees
Heart & Soul ~ Joy Division
Kings of The Wild Frontier ~ Adam & The Ants
Die Intermsliependen ~ Einstürzende Neubauten
I Wanna Be adored ~ The Stone Roses
Angel ~ Massive Attack
The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra ~ Anna von Hausswolff
Boys in a Better Land ~ Fontaines DC
Страшно ~ ShortParis
Deal Wiv it ~ Mura Masa (with Slowthai)
Arnold Layne ~ Pink Floyd
Screen Shot ~ Swans
John’s polished works, include a biography of The Stone Roses, Stone Roses and the Resurrection of British Pop; Punk Rock: An Oral History which has been translated into several different languages; Death To Trad Rock, an account of the 1980s UK DIY underground, including The Membranes, Three Johns, The Nightingales, and Big Flame; The North Will Rise Again – Manchester Music City from 1976 to 1996, an oral history of Manchester music which received 4/5 stars in Q magazine and 5/5 stars in Mojo magazine. His new book about post punk is due for release in 2019.
- The Stone Roses and the Resurrection of British Pop. 1996.
- Noise Bible – Adventures on the Eighties Underground with the Membranes. Thrill City.
- The Soul Manual. Ultimate.
- The Charlatans: We Are Rock
- The Nineties: What The Fuck Was That All About. Ebury Press
- Punk Rock: An Oral History. Ebury Press, 2006. 8
- The North Will Rise Again – Manchester Music City 1976–1996. Aurum Press, 2009
- Death to Trad Rock – The Post-Punk Fanzine Scene 1982–1987. Cherry Red, 2009.
- The Stone Roses and the Resurrection of British Pop: The Reunion Edition